Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photography in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada

March 23, 2010
For the last 2 weeks my good friend Gilles Pucheu and I have been camping and taking images north of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada. My real goal was to take images of northern lights, but of course there are so many other things to see and shoot!
Gilles and I first met in Churchill, Manitoba where our mutual love of polar bears brought us together spending hours and hours looking for bears along the shores of Hudson Bay.
So what do we do while waiting for nightfall and the aurora? Prepare dinner and hot drinks for the cold (- 30 degree C weather) night to come.
The sky here is of course crystal clear and makes even the most mundane activity like boiling water on the stove a photographic opportunity!

To see more of my images please visit www.wildlifeimages.net