Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Galapagos are going to the birds!!!

September 19, 2007

WHEW! I am finally back in the office after an incredible summer of shooting and traveling. Thank you for being patient as I am finally updating this blog with images from the Galapagos, Alaska, Norway, Svalbard, and finally Canada. Look for new photos in the next few weeks as I bring you images of "how I spent my summer vacation!!" A special thanks to all who have written wondering if I had simply fallen off the planet. As Mark Twain would say; "rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated."

Adult great blue heron posing for a still life :)

Adult male great frigatebird "advertising" his fitness with an expanded gular pouch.

The nocturnal swallow-tailed gull in flight at dusk.

Galapagos hawk in nest at sunset.

An adult waved albatross at breeding colony.

An adult yellow warbler at sunset.
Two greater pink flamingos forming a heart shape with those long necks!
An adult American oystercatcher bathing in a tide pool.

Adult brown pelican in breeding plumage.
Adult Nazca booby in flight.

Visit http://www.wildlifeimages.net/to see my other photos.